Friday, December 3, 2010

Custom Design: 80th Birthday Formal Gown


It was a lot of fun to custom design a formal Birthday gown for a lady turning 80 years young. I was not only working with Mrs. Kalu but had the opportunity to work with her family as well. They really knew how to have fun, laugh, & were just full of zeal. At one point, they were dancing in my studio to test out the dress! I hope to have her spirit & energy at 80.


During our initial consultation, she showed me her pig collection. She adores pigs & brought out her favorite one made of glass crystal in blue topaz (her birthday color). The little pig became my inspiration point for the 5 feet tall young lady. As you will see, I incorporated her color & when I found the rare rhinestone piglet brooch, I knew it was meant to be.

Happy 80th Birthday Mrs.Kalu!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...